Saturday, December 6, 2014

Watercolor Paintings

Watercolor painting, like sewing, is about the love of natural and invented materials, cotton and dyes.  I have been a watercolor painter for many years, selling via galleries in my arty/touristy area - and portraits.  Here are a few paintings of mine  in transparent watercolor - which uses no white paint only the white of the paper, and watercolor & gouache - which uses white paint, or mixed media with transparent watercolor or acrylic, on paper or board:
Autumn Skyscape, (c) I. Young
Full Sheet Transparent Watercolor
Private Collection




A Charm for Good Fortune, (c) I. Young, Quarter Sheet Transparent Watercolor and Gouach

Peaches, (c) I.Young, Full Sheet Transparent Watercolor, Private Collection


Bluebird Flies By, (c) I. Young, Half Sheet Transparent Watercolor, Private Collection


Introduction to Natural Science, (c) I. Young, Full Sheet Transparent Watercolor, Private Colletion

Mute Swan, (c) I. Young, 1/8 Sheet Transparent Watercolor, Private Collection

White Roses in Memorial, (c) I. Young, Half Sheet Transparent Watercolor, Private Collection
Max on the Beach, (c) I.Young, Quarter Sheet Transparent Watercolor
I painted a Twelve Days of Xmas Series to be reproduced for prints by a local gallery:

Partridge in a Pear Tree, (c) I. Young, Transparent Watercolor fron the Twelve Days of Xmas Series, Private Collection

Two Turtledoves, (c) I.Young, Transparent Watercolor from the Twelve Days of Xmas Series, Private Collection



Three French Hens, (c) I. Young, Transparent Watercolor from the Twelve Days of Xmas Series, Private Collection


Six Geese A'Laying, (c) I. Young, Transparent Watercolor from the Twelve Days of Xmas Series, Private Collection


And, of course, what is watercolor painting without cats?  Always sure sellers.  Their minerals in watercolor pigment make great fur.

Two Cats in a Window, (c) I.Young (detail), Full Sheet Transparent Watercolor
Rosey on the Matelasse, (c) I. Young, Full Sheet Transparent Watercolor, Private Collection


These are mixed media, with Chinese papers, gold leaf, vintage papers, and transparent acrylic, among other things:


Migration, (c) I.Young, Transparent Acrylic and Gold Leaf on Board, Private Collection


Barbados, (c) I. Young, Mixed Media, Private Collection


Treetop Heron, (c) I. Young, Transparent Watercolor and Acrylic Glaze with Chinese Paper and Leaf, Private Collection


Mysteries of the Deep, (c) I. Young, Mixed Transparent media and Vintage Papers on Board, Private Collection


Ritual, (c) I.Young, Transparent Watercolor and Vintage Romance Comics on Paper, Private Collection
In this full sheet painting created for a 9-11 memorial exhibit, liberty's dress is cut from a New York map - specifically, the area of  New York City's islands. 
Liberty Listens to the Sparrow, (c) I.Young, Full Sheet Watercolor and Vintage map of Manhattan, Private Collection


No comments:

Post a Comment